Jan 292019
 

The Key West Fire Department responded to a fire at 813 Galveston Lane just before 4 a.m. on Tuesday January 9th to find a mobile home engulfed in flames. The fire was quelled quickly and the Red Cross arrived to offer shelter for the homeowner, Alelia Butler.

Alelia Butler, who had fallen asleep with a candle burning, awoke to flames and in her attempt to put out the fire suffered minor burns to her hands. She escaped with just the clothes on her back.

Ms. Butler moved to Key West with her parents when she was 5 but left at a young age. She came back "home" about 38 years ago. She accepted a job as a pre-k teacher at Wesley House where she remained for many years helping to raise Key West children. Her retirement years have been spent volunteering and giving selflessly to the community.

A GoFundMe page has been established for Ms. Butler.

Facebook Comments

Contributed
The Blue Paper thanks its many contributors.
 January 29, 2019  Posted by at 9:48 pm News  Add comments

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. more information

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this. See our Privacy Policy here: https://thebluepaper.com/privacy-policy/

Close