Key West City Commissioners have been receiving a significant number of e-mails from community members concerning the proposals to build parking garages in Old Town Key West. Community meeting on June 1, 2017 at 5:30 P.M. at the Waterfront Brewery. Hosted by Commissioner Sam Kaufman, District II.
See the details on the Facebook event page.
JOIN OTHER MEMBERS OF THE KEY WEST COMMUNITY TO SHARE VIEWS AND LISTEN TO OTHERS ABOUT THE PARKING GARAGE PROPOSALS.
SOME IMPORTANT QUESTIONS TO CONSIDER:
- Should the City build a parking garage on Greene Street?
- Should the City build a parking garage on Simonton Street?
- How much would each project cost?
- How many parking spots would each project add?
- Is more parking needed?
- How will the addition of Uber/Lyft change the demand for parking?
- Are there other ways to address parking shortfalls without building garages?
- Are the areas proposed for the garages too congested already?
- How does the proposal impact the ongoing businesses, jobs and character of the proposed sites?