Oct 202017

Do you live on a private road in Monroe County?

The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) does not allow Monroe County or FDOT contractors to remove hurricane debris from private roads in the County. However, there are exceptions if a private community requests debris removal from its private roads and signs a right of entry, hold harmless and indemnification form.

Only one person with signing authority from each private community should make the request. To receive the form – and for information about the process – contact Trish Eables at 305-292-3470 or by emailing eables-patricia@monroecounty-fl.gov. Signed forms are sent to FEMA, which funds the debris contractors and approves allowing them to work on private roads.

Residents who live on private roads – but are not in private communities – do not need to request hurricane debris removal. Monroe County Public Works crews will collect the debris and move it to the closest public right of way. The debris then will be collected by the hurricane debris contractors.

Residents on these private roads may also bring their own debris to the closest right of way. And while these residents do not need to request removal by Public Works, if they feel they have been missed they can contact Breanne Erickson at 305-292-4427 or email Erickson-breanne@monroecounty-fl.gov.

For now, Monroe County’s three transfer stations also are accepting hurricane debris for free from Monroe County residents only. This does not apply to Monroe County commercial businesses/contractors.

Facebook Comments

 October 20, 2017  Posted by at 12:30 am Issue #239, News, Public Notice  Add comments

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. more information

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this. See our Privacy Policy here: https://thebluepaper.com/privacy-policy/