Don’t miss Hometown’s last Candidate Q&A Forum of the 2018 election year on Monday, September 17th! This important event will feature candidates for U.S. Representative, State Representative, Monroe County Commission Districts 2 and 4, Mosquito Control District 2, Key West Utility Board Seat D, and Key West Mayor.
Join us at a new venue, the Grand Ballroom of the DoubleTree Resort/Grand Key, 3990 S. Roosevelt Blvd., Key West, where doors will open to voters at 5:00pm. As always, this Hometown event includes complimentary hors d’oeuvres, a cash bar, and the opportunity to mingle with candidates before the forum begins promptly at 5:30pm. Witness candidates make last-ditch efforts to enlist the support of voters in the November 6th general election. You won’t want to miss this—and bring a friend! There will be plenty of free parking.
Panelists for this Q&A Forum are US1 Radio News Director Bill Becker, WLRN Reporter Nancy Klingener, and two members of the Key West Citizen Editorial Board: community leader and philanthropist Matthew Helmerich, and Attorney Jennifer Hulse Russo. They will pose questions to the following candidates (order to be determined):
· U.S. Representative: Incumbent Carlos Curbelo (R) v. Debbie Mucarsel-Powell (D)
· State Representative: Incumbent Holly Raschein (R) v. Stephen Friedman (D)
· County Commissioner District 2: Incumbent David Rice (R) v. Vicki Tashijian (NPA)
· County Commissioner District 4: Michelle Coldiron (R) v. Thomas Ryan (D)
· Mosquito Control Board District 2: Incumbent Phil Goodman (R) v. Ralph De Palma (D)
· Key West Utility Board Seat D: Robert Barrios v. Beth Ramsay-Vickrey
· Key West Mayor: Teri Johnston v. Margaret Romero
The forum will be available via live-stream at Hometown’s website, www.hometownkeywest.com. It will also be recorded in HD for future viewing on YouTube.
Hometown reminds all citizens that Informed Voters Promote Good Government!
Hometown Chairman Todd German, 305-942-1611
Hometown Corporate Secretary Sheldon Davidson, email@example.com.