SALT WATER SPORTSMAN NATIONAL SEMINAR SERIES RETURNS TO THE FLORIDA KEYS!
Series Presented by Bass Pro Shops
Saturday, January 30, 2016, from 9:00am – 3:00pm at Coral Shores High School’s Performing Arts Theater
Islamorada, Fla. – The Salt Water Sportsman National Seminar Series will bring a stop on its 2016 tour to Islamorada, in the Florida Keys, on Saturday, January 30. The 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. event will be held inside the Coral Shores High School’s Performing Arts Theater (89901 Overseas Highway, Tavernier). George Poveromo, Host of George Poveromo’s World of Saltwater Fishing on the NBC Sports Network, and Contributing Editor for Salt Water Sportsman, will headline the program with Dr. Ray Waldner serving as co-host, a noted ichthyologist and Palm Beach-based light tackle angling authority. The Tour is being presented by Bass Pro Shops, with the Islamorada stop courtesy of the Florida Keys & Key West.
Joining Poveromo and Waldner will be:
- Captain Nick Stanczyk – Renowned Islamorada, FL Keys-based reef, deep drop and offshore fishing pro who helped pioneer day swordfishing off South Florida, aboard his charter boat B&M!
- Captain Tony DeLosSantos – Fabled Key Largo backcountry guide with his Lyin’ Hawaiian Charters!
- Captain Kevin Jeffries – Noted Key Largo reef and offshore pro who also excels at fishing for Cubera snapper!
- Captain Joe Gonzalez – Legendary flats and backcountry guide who specializes in fishing the upper FL Keys and Flamingo with Funnybone Charters!
- Captain Lee Lavery – Accomplished Key Largo-based reef, deep drop and offshore fishing pro!
- Captain Jimmy Gagliardini – Noted Marathon-based authority on fishing the bridges, reefs and offshore waters of the middle Florida Keys aboard his High Caliber Fishing Charters!
- Captain Ariel Medero – Premier Marathon-based wreck and offshore fishing authority with his Big Game Sportfishing Charters!
- Captain Brice Barr – Renowned Key West-based offshore fishing specialist with Double Down Sportfishing!
- Diego Toiran – Noted Lower Florida Keys and Key West fishing authority who specializes in catching yellowtail and mutton snappers with Reel Smoker Charters!
- Captain Marcus Williams – Prominent Big Pine Key tarpon, reef and offshore guide with Hot Rod Fishing Charters!
- Captain David Wicker – King mackerel tournament pro who also excels at near shore bottom fishing and marine electronics!
- Harry Vernon III – Legendary Miami-based authority on live-baiting for pelagics and bottom fish, accomplished offshore troller and daytime swordfishing pro!
“The National Seminar Series has become the nation’s longest-running and most popular educational course on recreational marine angling tactics and techniques,” says Poveromo. “This is year number 29 for the tour and the backbone to its success has always been the vast amount of cutting edge and pertinent how-to information on catching more and bigger game fish within the waters of the respective Seminar Series stop. This information is explained in great detail by some of the very best saltwater anglers, and each session is backed by elaborate visuals that include video bytes, technical- and action-oriented images and on-stage demonstrations. One can’t help but to walk away from the seminar with numerous new tricks and techniques, regardless of their experience level”.
Courses for the January 30 seminar will focus on: Top secrets for running and gunning for more and bigger dolphin; How to target trophy dolphin by the moon; Cutting edge dolphin trolling tactics; Getting stubborn dolphin to eat; Where and how to target jumbo Florida Keys yellowtail; Secrets to limiting out on Florida Keys yellowtail; Gunning for big grouper; Effective reef-fishing tactics (sailfish, cobia, kings, snapper, grouper, amberjack); Light tackle for big muttons; Wreck fishing the productive way; Cobia tactics; No-nonsense blackfin tuna tactics; Targeting big blackfin tuna; Trolling for blackfin tuna; Dialing in on wahoo; Small boat wahoo trolling tactics; Top Florida Keys offshore trolling spreads; Hand-crank deep dropping for tile fish, queen snapper and barrel fish; How to score quality fish on the patch reefs; Top tactics for fishing channels and bridges for tarpon, snook, permit and big snapper; Tarpon in the creeks; Targeting big mangrove snapper; Secrets of the mangrove snapper spawn; Trolling the bridges, mangroves and canals for more and bigger snook; Top flats tactics for permit, tarpon and bonefish; Fishing the backcountry like the pros; Cutting-edge sea trout tactics; Scoring more redfish; fishing the Gulf wrecks and rock piles for cobia, snook, mangrove snapper and permit; Night-time Cubera snapper tactics!
The Seminar Series kicks off at 9:00 a.m. and will conclude by 3:00 p.m., with a one-hour break at noon. Considered to be the best bargain in sportfishing, a seminar series ticket is only $55.00.
The ticket price covers five hours of instruction from the best pros in the business, a course textbook, a one-year subscription or extension to Salt Water Sportsman, one Roffer’s Ocean Fishing Forecast Analysis, bottle of OrPine Wash & Wax, bottle of Star tron fuel treatment, bottle of Star brite Xtreme Clean, bottle of Corrosion Block, a $10.00 discount card off any purchase of $75.00 or more from Bass Pro Shops and chances to win thousands of dollars’ worth of door prizes! The grand prize at the conclusion of the Islamorada seminar is a Florida Keys fishing trip with one of several premier guides. The super grand prize, to be awarded two weeks after the conclusion of the 2016 series, is a new Mako Pro Skiff 17 cc!
THE NOW FAMOUS AFTER SEMINAR PARTY –
The now famous After Seminar Party will take place that very same day, from 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. at World Wide Sportsman’s Islamorada Fish Company. A section of the property will be reserved exclusively for attendees of the Islamorada seminar, and they must present their Seminar Series name badge to enter. Complimentary food, beverages and live music will highlight the party, and George Poveromo will be on hand. Each Seminar Series attendee is entitled to bring one guest, regardless if they attended the seminar.
About Saltwater Sportsman’s National Seminar Series
In its 29th year, the Salt Water Sportsman National Seminar Series is the nation’s longest running and most popular educational seminar on recreational marine angling. Featuring George Poveromo, Host of “George Poveromo’s World of Saltwater Fishing” on the NBC Sports Network, Poveromo will take the stage at each location, along with teams c
omprised of Salt Water Sportsman editors, nationally-recognized anglers and some of the region’s top guides. Their job: Cover in explicit detail the how-tos and where-tos of catching the most popular game fish within a specific Seminar Series region, along with the latest rigging and fishing techniques.